The Justice & Peace Group plan a variety of activities, addressing local and international concerns. In recent years the parish has
- collected toilet rolls and biscuits for the Diocesan project to support destitute refugees
- supported a number of CAFOD projects, including building a Virtual Village by buying CAFOD gifts
- raised money to support the parish’s young people who are volunteering overseas
- run a Fair Trade stall after Mass
- supported NEPACS (http://www.nepacs.co.uk/page/homepage), a charity which works in the local prisons, and collected toys for the Prison Visitors’ Centre
- Twinned our toilets with toilets overseas. We now have twinned toilets in
- Chaulturi, Bangladesh
- San Juan Moza, Guatemala
- Matoriga, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Velo Patel Mall Colony, Pakistan
This year’s projects:
Every year, we support one local project and one overseas project. For 2022-23 our local project is the Mental Health Project at St. Margaret’s.
Our overseas project is Aid to the Church in Need.
Find out more:
- All about our Virtual Village
- Fundraising totals
- Stella Maris / The,Apostleship of the Sea: Knitting woolly hats
- The Diocesan Justice and Peace project http://www.rcdhn.org.uk/social_concerns/justice_and_peace_refugeenew.php
- Toilet twinning: https://www.toilettwinning.org/The Justice & Peace group meet on an occasional basis, usually after the 10 o’clock Sunday Mass. The meetings will be advertised in the bulletin, so please do come along. Alternatively, contact Mandy Hampshire via the parish office.