On Monday 19th July, the country moved into Step 4 of the Government’s Covid-19 Response Roadmap. It is still our responsibility to make sure that our churches and other buildings are safe for all those who attend. In the light of the current high rates of infection in the Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle, and the elderly demographic of our Diocese, Bishop Robert has concluded that it would present a very serious situation if we were to abandon our existing COVID controls. Instead, the Bishop has asked us to retain all of the COVID control measures and cleaning protocols that are currently in force in all our churches and church halls until at least the end of August 2021. The situation will be reviewed after that.
Please help us to keep everyone safe at St Cuthbert’s:
- Book a place to attend Sunday Mass, by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning 0191 384 3442. You do not need to book for weekday Masses.
- Wear a face covering in church, unless you are exempt.
- Sanitise your hands on entering and leaving church.
- Maintain social distancing in church.
- Follow the procedure for receiving Holy Communion.
The obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended. The Bishops of England & Wales have issued a statement about the current situation, which you can read here.
Thank you to the volunteer cleaners, who have enabled us to continue celebrating public Mass each day.