Suggestions for efforts we can make individually or as part of our Parish. If you’d like to join in our Parish Lenten Witness you could place a blue pebble in one or more of the labelled jars in the porch when you have made an effort or intend to.
1. Add to our monthly collection for the Diocesan Refugee Project. Leave toilet rolls or biscuits in the narthex for Sunday 4 March.
2. Collect toiletries* for prisoners leaving Low Newton. Leave items in the narthex throughout Lent. (Only toiletries please)
3. Help reduce carbon emissions, leave your car at home and walk to work.
4. Donate unwanted items to your local charity shop.
5. Sign the CAFOD online petition asking the PM to take a lead in developing new UN agreements on migration and refugees.
6. Put something in the food bank when you leave the supermarket
7. Fast on Family Fast Day in Lent and give the money you save to CAFOD. The government will double your money during Lent this year
The items for the Diocesan Refugee Project are always very gratefully received, as are the items for Low Newton and the women there express great appreciation.
Items requested* Shampoo, shower gel, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant (roll-on please NOT spray), STs- (NOT tampons please)